Monday, December 03, 2012

Thank You CARD, cqc165


Oh, my it took me all week to finish this card.  I had a set back where I was admitted to the emergency room so while I was laying there on the gurney I was thinking of I need to finish my card design for the challenge ... now that's an illness for sure ... card making addiction! 
Check out the colourq challenge #165 The Royal Court Design Team with their "LOVE" ly color palette:  Real Red, Regal Rose, Glorious Green and (Cool Caribbean, a color SU should bring back).  These colors are perfect for Any Occasion, Holiday or even a Thank You card.
This card was CASed and INspired with slight changes in colors, background image and sentiment whose original can be seen HERE and below by this talented artist:  Catherine Pooler.  Check out her blog for a video tutorial on her card and more!
Above photograph of Catherine Poolers card creation ... isn't it fabulous!?!
 

Measurements:  (Please note that my below measurements are slightly different from Catherine's sample)
  • Whisper White Base: 4 7/8" x 3 7/8"
  • Whisper White squares come out to be: 1 7/8" x 1 2/3"
  • Whisper White bottom layer:  4 x 5 1/4" 

All supplies Stampin' Up! ... unless noted.

Recipe ...

Stamps:  Summer Silhouettes, Perfectly Preserved, Distressed Dots backgound, Just Believe
Ink:  Real Red, Regal Rose, Cool Caribbean, Glorious Green (all stamping on card was stamped off)
Paper: Whisper White, Cool Caribbean, Polka Dot Parade DSP
Accessories:  Canary Framelits, Modern Label Punch, Flower Brad Neutrals Collection, Textured Impressions Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, misc. retired ribbon and buttons

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Marian , your card is just gorgeous! The jar, the buttons , the ribbon….love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card, Marian, love how you used the jar with the colors! Thanks for sharing your card with s at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marian! Your card is absolutely STUNNING! Thank you so much for the CASE, I am flattered!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are two absolutely beautiful cards! I love how you tackled the CQC colors...just perfect! Thanks for joining us at the Color Q...hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time in leaving me a comment. I hope I have inspired you. I do take the time to read each comment and value your words of encouragement. Have a wonderful day and happy creating! Marian Garcia, Studio M

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...